Q4. What is God?
A. God is a Spirit1, infinite2, eternal3, and unchangeable4, in his being5, wisdom6, power7, holiness8, justice, goodness, and truth9.
1. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. (John 4:24).
2. Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection? (Job 11:7).
3. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. (Psalm 90:2).
4. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. (James 1:17).
5. And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. (Exodus 3:14).
6. Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite. (Psalm 147:5).
7. And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come. (Revelation 4:8).
8. Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: (Revelation 15:4).
9. And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children’s children, unto the third and to the fourth generation. (Exodus 34:6-7).