“So he fed them according to the integrity of his heart; and guided them by the skilfulness of his hands.” Psalm 78:72
When you are doubtful as to your course, submit your judgment absolutely to the Spirit of God, and ask Him to shut against you every door but the right one…Meanwhile keep on as you are, and consider the absence of indication to be the indication of God’s will that you are on His track…As you go down the long corridor, you will find that He has preceded you, and locked many doors which you would fain have entered; but be sure that beyond these there is one which He has left unlocked. Open it and enter, and you will find yourself face to face with a bend of the river of opportunity, broader and deeper than anything you had dared to imagine in your sunniest dreams. Launch forth upon it; it conducts to the open sea.
God guides us, often by circumstances. At one moment the way may seem utterly blocked; and then shortly afterward some trivial incident occurs, which might not seem much to others, but which to the keen eye of faith speaks volumes. Sometimes these things are repeated in various ways, in answer to prayer. They are not haphazard results of chance, but the opening up of circumstances in the direction in which we would walk. And they begin to multiply as we advance toward our goal, just as the lights do as we near a populous town, when darting through the land by night express.
—F. B. Meyer
The Lord's Day Services
Sunday, August 18, 2019
11:00 a.m. Morning Service – Rev. Reggie Cranston
Communion Following the morning service.
6:00 p.m. Pre-service prayer time
6:30 p.m. Evening Service – Mr. Frank D’Addurno
Wednesday, August 21st
7:25 p.m. Bible Study & Prayer meeting – Mr. George Robinson
Sunday, August 25th
11:00 a.m. Morning Service – Dr. Frank McClelland
6:00 p.m. Pre-service Prayer Meeting
6:30 p.m. Evening Service – Mr. James Fraser
Wednesday, August 28th
7:25 p.m. Bible Study & Prayer meeting – Mr. Jonathan McAnally
MEXICO CITY MISSION TRIP
Derrick and Lydia Bowman – Grace FPC
Beth Berner – Faith FPC
Nolan Bowman – Grace FPC
Kelsey Morrow – Phoenix FPC
Audrey Munger – Grace FPC
Luke Sassa – Malvern FPC
Eunice Siu – Toronto FPC
Bobby Rowe – Faith FPC
Betty Wimalachandran – Toronto FPC
MEXCO MISSION TEAM PRAYER REQUESTS:
- Pray that the Lord will bless our outreach ministries.
- We will be teaching English language classes and present English Bible lessons.
- We will be distributing tracts, flyers, and Gospel of John booklets in the community.
- We will be helping in practical ways with projects in the local churches.
- Pray for the missionaries and pastors we will be helping.
- Jason and Danielle Boyle in Mexico City.
- Marcus and Jennifer Reyes in Orizaba,Veracruz.
- Lalo Peña in Córdoba, Veracruz.
- Pray for help to communicate to people across the language barrier.
- Pray that the Lord will supply the necessary funds for each team member.
LADIES BIBLE STUDY – BOOK OF 2 PETER
Commencing in September, the Ladies Evening Bible Study will be gleaning from chapter 1 of 2 Peter. Looking at how to “add” to our faith. In the church foyer, there are invitations with the dates and subject titles of each study. We look forward to delving into God’s word together and we hope you will be able to attend.
FPCNA PRAYER REQUESTS
Dr. Stephen Pollock (Interim Moderator)
“Now set your heart and your soul to seek the LORD your God; arise therefore, and build ye the sanctuary of the LORD God.” 1 Chronicles 22:19
- The Lord’s guidance regarding a new pastor.
- Pulpit supply.
- A gracious move of the Holy Spirit.
- A healthy financial situation to sustain & maintain the work in the year ahead.